First Draft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

KVerity

KVerity

First Draft - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: RE Prince   First Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:53 am

WOW! You are such a great drawer! I find it difficult on gimp to really get into detail, cos when I zoom out from where I've just been working, it is not proportional to the pic, so I do try and keep things basic. I do have sketches, but they're all in black pen. I think I'll be brave and start to add colour.

ELLE: only after reading Prince's comment, I had to look back and see that she is in fact holding something? I didn't pick up on it at first... But I think it's so adorable! I have no technical terms to throw at you, but maybe experiment it focal points? cropping and concentrating on abstract bits? Only cos I like that kinda concept. Love ya sis!
Back to top Go down

Pharwynd

Pharwynd
Modi Master
Founder

Modi Master  Founder

PostSubject: Re: First Draft   First Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:44 am

Don't normally do this but since its more about what it is.

The girl is actually sitting in a martini glass and so is holding an olive.

Please remember to comment in

Compliment:
Critique:
Back to top Go down
https://artifex.forumotion.net

prince1999

prince1999

PostSubject: Re: First Draft   First Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:24 am

oh KVerity.... I should explain I didn't draw what's in my newest signature that's up for critique... that's an in-game character. I figure you knew that, but *just* in case there was any confusion. I take it for granted most people on here are associated with Shaiya.

If you meant the fashion plate, then ty^^ only thing 'computer' about that is that I scanned it. I'm rusty at real drawing and never was awesome at "sketching" digitally. And Gimp... I've used it once, and I gotta say the zoom is wierd. (At least to me lol)

and...

AN OLIVE ah ha! Yeah sorry I was confused, but I get it now lol! Maybe turn the olive into a bubble just so it doesn't draw any attention to her hands. Smile

(P.S. Is it okay for us to chat back and forth like this, or would you rather keep the thread clean with nothing but Compliments & Critiques? Sorry new here - hate being the new kid hehe)
Back to top Go down

KVerity

KVerity

PostSubject: sig   First Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:35 am

I just made a signature and kinda just wanted to see if it would show up on a post, AND also see what you guys thought?
This is my second attempt at a banner/signature...

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

Lumiere/Diva

Lumiere/Diva
Record Keeper
OTM Winner
Record Keeper  OTM Winner

PostSubject: Re: First Draft   First Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:00 am

Here I go haha

@prince1999
That animated img is AMAZING and cool, the way he turs around makes me wanna hug him o.o. On the other hand I would love it even more if the backround had more colour or maybe a SS of shaiya landscapes buut as me said its already amazing! <3

KVerity wrote:
I just made a signature and kinda just wanted to see if it would show up on a post, AND also see what you guys thought?
This is my second attempt at a banner/signature...

cheers cheers cheers

Me sees no siggeh Q_Q
Here ish one me made some time ago. Would be nice to find out what others think bout it cheers

First Draft - Page 2 Gummy-1
Back to top Go down

Princess-Bell

Princess-Bell

PostSubject: Re: First Draft   First Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:29 am

Lumiere/Diva wrote:

Here ish one me made some time ago. Would be nice to find out what others think bout it cheers

I like it except i kinda feel that the skin tone is to bright and the eyes need to be brought out more. Other than that all seems awesome to me.

/so jealous of everyone's abilities with text style/placement

ok here is my newest Smile
First Draft - Page 2 Bell2-3

Im pretty happy with it! but the text could use work e.e
Back to top Go down

JathyX

JathyX

PostSubject: Re: First Draft   First Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:14 am

A while ago I started to try out a few tuts for Gimp and had some fun with that, but then I kind of lost it again. This week, however, I've started to make signatures, because I found out that it keeps up the interest for playing with Gimp. So here are some of my very first attempts:

First Draft - Page 2 Prmd2

First Draft - Page 2 Prmd5

First Draft - Page 2 Hoss12

First Draft - Page 2 Prmd6

First Draft - Page 2 Prmd7

First Draft - Page 2 Prmd8

(I know it's a lot, sorry. I don't expect to get critique on all of them).

And since I don't feel I have enough experience to critique other's work yet, I'm going to just watch and learn from everyone else for now. Hope it doesn't seem too rude.
Back to top Go down

Pharwynd

Pharwynd
Modi Master
Founder

Modi Master  Founder

PostSubject: Re: First Draft   First Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:12 am

Ok catching up from my last critique..

First Draft - Page 2 SinStrikeV1

+: I think your ability to create things amazing, I love the colours and symmertry of the animation.

-: The flow of the initial punch is almost just a tad quick for me though I am looking at this with tired eyes will look again tomorrow.

Not really sure how to critique animated works so I stuck the basics until I learn ;p

First Draft - Page 2 KVerity1

+ : I love the composition of this piece, how even though the text is placed down the bottom it still balances the piece out perfectly. The colours and positioning of the female along with the text choice illuminate a sense of elegance and a bit of mystery too.

- Her face is a little dark, mostly due to the image used but it might be aided with a lighting or more definition to the face at least in the parts lighted. The background while really nice when connected with the main image creates a sense of clutteredness, perhaps a less patterend background?

Overall I really liked the signature and found it hard to critique it.

+ The image has been taken for a sci-fi grunge spin and then pasted down, the messyness of the background and the symmetry of the image and text circle is like an eery pretence almost like a scifi where the future gets it wrong (oh wait isnt that most sci-fis?) - This is a good thing ^_^

-: the text used for the word "Gummy" is a little hard to read, perhaps another futuristic font may make this clearer?

Lumiere your piece like a lot of work is so unique and very you =)

First Draft - Page 2 Bell2-3

+ An ominous shadow of a beast cast upon belle and the rose is a fantastic concept, the contrasts that this creates allows for the darkness and beauty of the situation at hand. I particular liked the lighting used on the rose and bell to emphasise the focus.

-: The text is like you mentioned was the first break I found with the flow, while it is a nice text I am not sure that it suits, perhaps a gothic text? I might suggest Black Rose for [GS]PrincessBell and returning to a basic font (curvish base) for the smaller text to emphasise the name and then the quote.

Overall smexy piece =)

Would just like to say hiya Jathy ^_^ nice to have you posting with us again, and I did ipdip on which one I would critique for you...

+: Composition of this piece is really nice, the placement of image, background and text works well together. Your colour choices also allowed for the pieces to connect to one another.

-: As it is a premade I am uncertain as to whether the text will stay the same so I will leave it alone. I love your work but although in this piece the colour does connect them there is little else to draw the piece together, maybe if the sea-anemone was partially in front of nemo or another marine/coral life was partially in front two. Not sure =)

Had to pull hard on this one to find something to critique....

Not sure if I will take it further but its my newest piece

First Draft - Page 2 Pharwyndnewsignature1-1

Back to top Go down

JathyX

JathyX

PostSubject: Re: First Draft   First Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:51 am

Pharwynd wrote:

Would just like to say hiya Jathy ^_^ nice to have you posting with us again, and I did ipdip on which one I would critique for you...

+: Composition of this piece is really nice, the placement of image, background and text works well together. Your colour choices also allowed for the pieces to connect to one another.

-: As it is a premade I am uncertain as to whether the text will stay the same so I will leave it alone. I love your work but although in this piece the colour does connect them there is little else to draw the piece together, maybe if the sea-anemone was partially in front of nemo or another marine/coral life was partially in front two. Not sure =)

Had to pull hard on this one to find something to critique....

It's great to be back, thank you very much (:
I'm glad you liked the piece. I tried adding some bubbles to give it some more, but I'm very bad at placing things at random, and some things just have to be placed randomly. So I gave up and decided I liked the simple version better
Razz But yes, I definitely get what you mean.
Back to top Go down

MissPrimo

MissPrimo

PostSubject: Re: First Draft   First Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 24, 2012 9:35 am

First Draft - Page 2 Face2

Ok so I KNOW this is not a signature and also that it's nothing like the sizes the forums thingies should have but I'm posting this from mobile so I can't really resize it...I'll do that when I get back homeeeeee which is tomorrow lol

Anyway, that face is painted by moi in PS cs5 ...I thought I could include it in a siggy and obviously work more on it, but I wanted some opinions before I proceed with the work.

Note1: everything is painted except for the eyelashes and eyebrows, for which I used some brushes
Note2: I didn't use a one of those drawing pads cause I didn't have time to go buy one (I'll do that soon), so I just used the pas thingie laptop's have (mouse replacer) I have no idea how it's called xD

Anyway, tell me what you think (:

/EDIT1: ok resized it
Back to top Go down

Pharwynd

Pharwynd
Modi Master
Founder

Modi Master  Founder

PostSubject: Re: First Draft   First Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:04 pm

MissPrimo wrote:
First Draft - Page 2 Face2

Bringing some life back to this section!

MissPrimo: I think it is extremely cute and terrifying (its doll like features remind me of a sailor moon episode where dolls went crazy attacking people o.o). I love the softness of your brush strokes and how you acentuated the features. The only thing I can really comment on is practising making the face look more realistic, you are getting the shapes down pat from here on its really just practise! ^_^

Have not done any recent work so throwing this in...

First Draft - Page 2 Extremegirl
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Draft   First Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

First Draft

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2