My Coloring (CG) Work

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

uberfearr

uberfearr

My Coloring (CG) Work Empty
PostSubject: My Coloring (CG) Work   My Coloring (CG) Work Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:51 am

For a few years now I've dabbled in coloring lineart from various artists. I find it's a good way to practice lighting, using the different Blending Modes to achieve an effect, and of course, color schemes. So here I'll post all my past projects, completed or not, and my works in progress (WIPs.) I can't draw for the life of me so, just throwing this out there: none of these pieces are my own lineart, just the coloring. Just wanted to put this up here mainly to track my progress easily, but also for you guys to see and possibly CC my current WIPs (at the bottom). :]

First color I ever did. Probably about 5 years old.
Spoiler:

Around the same time as the previous one. 2nd color I ever did.
Spoiler:

This was just after a long, long break, after I got my new tablet. Was mainly for eye practice. But it all just looks..baddd. I got the lineart from a user on GaiaOnline, I just can't remember who :X
Spoiler:

The 2nd piece I colored with my new tablet, Wacom Intuos 4. The lighting is too subtle, I'm trying to learn to break out of that.
When: Somewhere around the end of 2011 to earlier this year.
Time: About 3 days to finish, on and off.
Spoiler:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3rd piece - WIP. I doubt I'll finish this. I loved the color scheme, but I sucked so hardcore on the gold, and there are a lot of gold pieces. Once again, lighting and shadows are too subtle, almost non-existant. Will just be a lot of work to go back over and fix, that I'm not willing to do.
When: 5-6 months ago.
Time: so far about 8 hours of work into it.
Spoiler:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is my most up-to-date project, a WIP. Been working on and off for a few days now. Trying to focus on making my highlights and shadows stand out more, and practice metal effect; you can see some of it on the gold near her shoe. I'll probably change the color of the peacock feathers in the process cause they stick out a lot right now. I'm so not looking forward to coloring her hair. It's not perfect but I'm happy with how it's turning out.
Spoiler:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | ...
Back to top Go down

My Coloring (CG) Work

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Artifex :: Artifex Studios :: uberfearr-