Founder  Sleeping

Bio Empty
PostSubject: Bio   Bio Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:24 am

Bio

Bio Bio
Games you play:
WoW, Sims 3 and Skyrim
Games I used to play:
Shaiya, Aion, Oblivion, Forsaken World, Perfect World International, Jade Dynasty, etc.
Active Forums:
none

How did you become interested in making signatures?
I started reading stuff on the AGE forums and got interested in the signatures people had. Needless to say, I started researching what they were and how to get them. After requesting a few, talking with some friends and downloading GIMP, I started to make sigs.
Why do you like to make Signatures?
Because it's fun. I love working with GIMP and figuring out new ways to do things. I'm very interested by computers and love learning about new programs. Image manipulation is currently my new obsession. Razz
What programs(s) do you use?
GIMP
Why do you like it?
I like the way the interface is set up.
How long have you been making signatures?
Since February 2010 I think.

What are five suggestions you would give to any signature artist?
1. Try new things.
2. Don't be afraid of what people will think.
3. Don't be afraid to ask for advice or accept constructive criticism.
4. Do your research.
5. Have fun Smile It's an expression of art, not a competition.

How about five suggestions for a new artist?
1. Practice, practice, practice.
2. Try asking someone for help. I had Phar as a make-shift mentor and it helped a lot.
3. Experiment till your heart is content. Never be afraid to try new things. If you don't try something, how will you ever know the potential result?
4. ALWAYS SAVE and create backups (meaning double the images so you have extras in case you ruin one).
5. Don't try to be like someone else, find the things people like about your work or find to be unique and focus in on that.

Do you offer tutorials or give lessons?
I currently don't have any tutorials but I am planning to attempt a crash course in GIMP. I will always give lessons. Feel free to ask anything anytime! Smile

I am no longer actively participating in Artifex, AGE or any such creativity. I am no creating new art or practicing signature making. I still love it of course but I am very much out of practice. I hope to one day get involved in graphic design and use it in my career. Thank you all for the wonderful memories! I wish you all the best! Stay creative! <3 (7.19.12)

Deviant Art Page

Last edited by Lanaee on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a message of resignation.)
Back to top Go down
http://desdumonae.tumblr.com

Lanaee

Lanaee
Founder
Sleeping
Founder  Sleeping

Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bio   Bio Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:47 pm

Updated!
Back to top Go down

Lanaee

Lanaee
Founder
Sleeping
Founder  Sleeping

Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bio   Bio Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:31 pm

I am no longer actively participating in Artifex, AGE or any such creativity. I am no creating new art or practicing signature making. I still love it of course but I am very much out of practice and do not have the time to devote to my creativity anymore. I hope to one day get involved in graphic design and use it in my career. Thank you all for the wonderful memories! I wish you all the best! Stay creative! <3 (7.19.12)
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bio   Bio Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Bio

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Artifex :: Artifex Studios :: Lanaee-